Below the Referral Criteria section are the Filters. These options are also based on the Certificate Type selected. The default options may be changed to further refine your list of applicants. If you are unsure about applying one of these options, check your local Standard Operating Procedures for further guidance.
Action. You can use these filter options to further refine your list to show applicants marked as Follow-up, Reviewed, and Not Reviewed. To designate an applicant as Follow-up, use the blue flag icon located on the right side of the applicant list. To designate an applicant as Reviewed, use the green check-mark icon on the right side of the applicant list. The below picture displays an example of these icons. These can be a useful tool for reviewing applicant qualifications.
- Any—includes all applicants on the stored list regardless of their Follow-up or Reviewed status.
- Follow-up—includes all applicants designated by the applicant flag icon.
- Not Flagged—includes all applicants who have not been designated by the blue flag icon.
- Not Reviewed—includes all applicants who have not been designated by the green check-mark icon.
- Reviewed—includes all applicants designated by the green check-mark icon.
Category Rating. This option orders applicants on the list/certificate based on the categories established in the assessment. Our example uses three categories - Best Qualified, Well Qualified, and Qualified.
Category Rating Options:
- Any—includes all applicants regardless of their rating category.
- Categories—Selecting a category will list those applicants meeting the cutoff score for that category. The system will automatically select the top category. If there are less than 3 applicants the system will allow you to merge the next lower category.
Eligibilities. The Eligiblities displayed are based on the eligiblities posted in the job announcement and the adjudication, if any, performed by the Human Resources Specialist during the review process. The items selected from this section will display applicants based on the responses provided to these questions during the application process.
You may select more than one eligibility.
- Any—lists all applicants regardless of their eligibilities selected.
- Eligibilities—lists applicants based on their eligibilities selected.
Locations. This option will only display if there are multiple locations associated with the announcement. Selections made from this section will place applicants on the list based on the locations they selected during the application process. More than one location may be selected, if appropriate.
- Any—this section lists all applicants regardless of their location selection.
- Locations— The location selected will display applicants based on the location(s) they selected during the application process.
Status RSC. This section allows you to filter based on the applicant Record Status Code (RSC). The Record Status code is a code automatically assigned by the system to indicate the applicant's current status. It displays at the top of their applicant record. Record status codes that begin with "A" are active records; record statuses beginning with "I" are inactive records.
- Any—this section lists all applicants regardless of their Record Status Code.
- Status—the option(s) selected will list applicants based on the Record Status Code.
Veterans' Preference. This section allows you to filter based on Veterans' Preference.
Veterans' Preference Options:
- Any—this option will list all applicants regardless of their Veterans' Preference.
- Veterans' Preference—Selecting one or all of these preferences will list the applicants with the specified preference. That preference was either selected by the applicant during the application process or their record was adjudicated to provide that preference. Veterans preference claims should be adjudicated prior to issuing a certificate, when appropriate.
Certification Status. This section allows you to filter based on Certification Status.
Certification Status Options:
- Any—this option includes all applicants regardless of Certification Status.
- Eligibles—this option includes all eligible applicants.
- Ineligibles—this option includes all ineligible applicants.
- Unavailables—this option includes all unavailable applicants. Applicants may be marked as Unavailable during the audit process if they are no longer available for certification. For instance, they decline a grade and only wish to be considered under future lists for other grades.
Application Date Filter. This section allows you to filter based on the date the applicants applied to the announcement. If you select one of the options, the page will refresh to display date boxes to select the date range for applications. You should only use this filter if you have announced a job with specified cutoff dates.
- None- this option will include all applicants that applied during the open period.
- Original Application Submission- this option will display only applicants that originally applied during the specified timeframe.
- Latest Application Submission- this option will display only applicants whose latest application was submitted during the specified timeframe.
- Application Date: Type or select From: and To: dates to filter your applicant list if you selected the Original Application Submission or Latest Application Submission option.